Is hot and sweaty hurting your skin? Keep your skin healthy from the inside out with juicy, ripe peaches and melons - summer's beauty secret. If you want your skin to look and feel better this summer, walk past that drug store, head for the nearest Harvest Home Farmer's Markets and grab some luscious peaches and melon. Surprise! Peaches and melons are dripping with goodness for your skin, not to mention your taste buds!
Peaches and melons have vitamins A, C and E to help give your skin a summer glow. Vitamin A is essential for repairing skin damage. Vitamin C makes your skin firm, but subtle. Vitamin E protects the skin from those nasty free radicals that cause wrinkles.
Of course, peaches and melons are juicy treats by themselves. On really hot days, try them as frozen snacks like creamsicles.
- Creamsicles: Really just frozen Smoothies: Blend 3 cups of melon and peaches or just melon with ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt, ½ tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp honey. Freeze in paper cups, a popsicle mold or use your ice cube tray. Make sure to leave some space in the cubes for the mixture to expand.
On the outside, treat your skin with a quick face mask to help keep oil under control and fight off germs that cause acne and pimples.
- Mix together 2 tsp of watermelon juice and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Dab on your face with a cotton ball and let dry for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Use every couple of days to help manage oily skin in the summer. Click HERE for more natural face masks.
Add juicy peaches and melons to salads, salsas and any smoothie. You may also mix them with veggies or pair them with chicken. Delicious, refreshing taste with the bonus of giving your skin a summer glow. Have a beautiful summer!
and tag @HarvestHomeMkts in your posts!
SUPPORT HARVEST HOME!
Savor the Season event tickets are on sale NOW for the entire month of August! Visit http://savortheseasonuptown.eventbrite.com/ Use promo code:to purchase a ticket and use code SUMMERSALE at checkout for 10% discount on all ticket levels! See you there!
Peach Veggie Salad
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 radishes
- 2 peaches sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 carrot, grated or chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- Mix peaches and veggies in large bowl.
- In a small bowl stir lemon juice and honey together.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Cool Dinner: Double the Peach Veggie Salad and add chopped cooked chicken for a family meal on a hot night.
- Or try this Chicken Combo with Melon and Feta for a cool refreshing meal.
- Summer Salad Dressing: Mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil with the juice and zest of 2 limes. Add 15 fresh chopped basil leaves and 2 Tbsp of cilantro. Good on cold veggies or fruit and veggie combos.
- Fast refreshing salad for BBQ. Combine 3 kinds of melon, like honeydew, cantaloupe and any other yellow-fresh melon with a cucumber and some red onion.
- Cut up peaches and melon can be frozen in plastic bags or in ice cube trays. Add the frozen fruit to smoothies.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Comment below, follow up on social media and join our mailing list for healthy recipes and tips on how to prepare your meals!