Help Fight Food Inequality
Here’s what a customer recently told us:
“When I have the extra bucks, with the coupons—the paper coupons—I am able to buy fruits more, because I can’t afford fruits. That becomes a thing I sacrifice, but now I can have more of it in my diet. Before, I would just know I could buy maybe two apples. Now, I can buy plums in the summer and things like that, but before I would pass it up. And it would be a treat—a fruit—more than something that I could eat every day—a staple.” —Eileen Johnson
In 2018, your Donation will help to:
· Increase the number of farmers and the variety of produce in our markets.
· Expand our markets to new “food deserts.”
· Support our community outreach to schools, churches and other community organizations.
· Deliver fresh affordable healthy fruits and vegetables to over 270,000 New Yorkers.
· Increase distribution of recipes and nutritional information to fight health issues in these communities.